- 2 red peppers, seeded, roasted and peeled, about 1 cup sliced roasted red peppers
- 1 19 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed, about 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1/4 cup tahini (60 g)
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- for spicy hummus: 1/2 cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes, or more if desired
- Add everything to a high-speed blender or food processor and start mixing on slow until it’s easily blending, stopping to scrape down the sides as needed. Once it’s blending smoothly, increase the power a little and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Store in the fridge in a sealed container for up to 5 days.
Find full instructions on how to make roasted red peppers here.
Keywords: oil-free, healthy, easy, plant-based, homemade, creamy