- 2 15 oz cans of chickpeas, well-rinsed and drained (3.5 cups cooked chickpeas)
- 2-3 tbsp Sriracha sauce (start with 2 tbsp, add more as needed or to taste)
- 2-3 tbsp vegan mayo or tahini (start with 2 tbsp, add more as needed or to taste)
- 1-2 tbsp fresh lemon juice (start with 1 tbsp, add more as needed or to taste)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper or more to taste
- 1 cup lightly packed cilantro, chopped
- large tortillas
- 1/2 avocado per wrap
- Either place the chickpeas in a blender or food processor and pulse until the chickpeas are mostly broken down or mash them in a bowl with a fork or potato masher. It should be chunky but starting to hold together.
- Combine the chickpea mixture in a mixing bowl with everything except the spinach and avocado. Mix well. The mixture should resemble egg or tuna salad. Adjust the amount of sriracha, mayo and lemon to taste or desired consistency.
- To assemble the wraps, place a scoop of the chickpea mixture into each wrap then top with spinach and avocado. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Roll them up and enjoy!
- The chickpea mixture makes enough for 6 wraps but any extra can be stored in the fridge up to three days and added to salads or just eaten as is.
- You can easily half this recipe to make 2-3 wraps.
- Sriracha and mayo measurements don’t have to be exact. If you don’t want it spicy, feel free to use less sriracha or omit it and add extra mayo and lemon or try some dijon mustard.
Keywords: chickpea salad, easy, healthy, simple, quick