- 1-2 slices bread of choice, toasted (use gluten-free if needed)
- 1/2 ripe avocado (60 g)
- 1/3 cup white beans (60 g, canellini beans)
- pinch of sea salt
- light squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- Add the beans to a small dish and mash with the back of a fork. I like them completely smooth but you can leave some beans whole if you like more texture. Add the avocado, lemon and sea salt and mix.
- Spread on toast, add any desired toppings and enjoy.
This makes quite a large amount of smashed avocado so you can either load up one slice of bread or spread it onto 2 slices to serve 1 or 2. I eat this as a meal. If you’re looking for a lighter snack-sized avocado toast, I’d use 1/4 of an avocado and a few tablespoons of white beans. It doesn’t have to be exact. If you’d prefer more protein and less fat, you can use more beans than avocado and vice versa.
Keywords: avocado toast, white beans