- 1 large butternut squash, peeled and cut into cubes (approx. 7–8 cups or 1200 g once cubed)
- 1 white onion, diced (approx. 2 cups, 300 g)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chopped carrot (approx. 150 g)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg (optional)
- 5–6 cups vegetable stock (or just enough to cover the squash)
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk (optional)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Add all the ingredients to a slow cooker and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6-8 hours until the squash is soft and tender.
- Once it’s cooked, either blend directly in the slow cooker using an immersion blender or carefully pour into a blender and mix until smooth and creamy. Blend in the coconut milk now, if using.
- Season with salt and pepper if needed and serve.
- Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days or freezer for up to 3 months.
You may need more or less liquid than specified. Use enough to just cover the veggies in the slow cooker then you can thin it out a bit after blending if needed.
Keywords: easy, healthy, vegetarian, best