This harvest bowl recipe is packed with flavour and nutrition and is easy to make with wholesome plant-based ingredients.
For the Bowls
- 1 (19 fl oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 4 tsp oil, divided
- 1 tsp dried thyme, divided
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 medium sweet potato, cut into ½-inch cubes (3 cups, 365 g)
- 1 heaping cup cooked wild rice
- 1 crisp apple, chopped (1½ cups, 160 g)
- 4 cups thinly sliced kale (90 g)
- ⅓ cup toasted almonds, chopped (33 g)
- salt and pepper
For the Dressing
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar (45 mL)
- 4 tbsp olive oil (60 mL)
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (15 mL)
- salt and pepper
- Cook Wild Rice: If you don’t have cooked rice on hand, start that now and cook according to package instructions. The suggested amount is a heaping 1/4 cup cooked rice per bowl.
- Roast Chickpeas and Sweet Potato: Preheat oven to 425 F. Prepare two parchment-lined baking sheets.
- On one sheet, add chickpeas. Drizzle with 2 tsp oil, then season with ½ tsp thyme, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- To the other baking sheet, add sweet potatoes. Drizzle with another 2 tsp oil, then season with ½ tsp thyme, salt and pepper. Toss to coat, then spread out in an even layer.
- Roast chickpeas and sweet potatoes for 20-25 min, tossing halfway through and rotating baking sheets, until sweet potatoes are tender and chickpeas are crisp.
- Make Dressing: Meanwhile, in a bowl or vessel, add garlic, balsamic vinegar, oil, dijon and maple syrup. Season with salt and pepper, then whisk until emulsified.
- Massage Kale: Add kale to a large bowl. Drizzle 1 tbsp dressing over top, then season with salt. Using your hands, massage the dressing into the leaves, until well coated and leaves turn dark green.
- Assemble Salad: Arrange cooked wild rice, kale, roasted chickpeas, sweet potatoes, apples and almonds in 4 bowls. Drizzle remaining dressing over top.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 514
- Sugar: 15 g
- Sodium: 442 mg
- Fat: 27 g
- Carbohydrates: 60 g
- Fiber: 12 g
- Protein: 12 g
Keywords: harvest bowl recipe, sweetgreen harvest bowl