- 1 cup (150 g) raw sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup (80 g) pepitas (raw pumpkin seeds)
- 1/2 cup (approx. 70 g) mixed seeds of choice (choose from hemp seeds, more raw pumpkin seeds (pepitas) and sesame seeds)
- 1/4 cup (30 g) ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup (45 g) chia seeds
- 1/4 cup (45 g) psyllium husk powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp powdered stevia or 10-20 drops liquid stevia (optional but recommended, see notes for alternatives)
- 1/4 cup (60 g) tahini
- 1 1/4 cup water (295 mL)
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Line a standard-sized loaf pan (approx. 8.5 x 4.5 x 2.5 in) with parchment paper with the ends sticking out over the sides so you can lift the finished bread out of the pan.
- Add everything except the tahini and water to a large mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the tahini and water and stir into a thick, doughly paste.
- Place the dough in the lined loaf pan and use your hands to evenly spread/press it into the pan until flat.
- Bake for 50 minutes. If you tap the loaf and it sounds hollow, it’s done. If not, return to the oven for a little longer.
- Remove from the oven. Let sit for a couple of minutes then use the parchment paper to lift the loaf out of the pan. You may need to run a knife along the edges that don’t have parchment paper covering them.
- Let cool on a cooling rack for 15 minutes before slicing into 12-14 slices. Store in an airtight container the fridge for up to 1 week or freezer for up to 3 months.
You can use a mix of nuts such as almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts, or pecans to replace up to 1 cup of the seeds. Since this is a “seed bread” I kept the recipe nut-free but I’ve made it with walnuts and that’s delicious too! Just make sure any nuts are are finely chopped before adding to the mixture.
The stevia is optional but I find a hint of sweetness really improves the final taste. Alternatives include monk fruit sweetener to keep it sugar-free, otherwise, maple syrup or coconut sugar are suitable refined sugar-free options.
Adapted from this recipe by My New Roots.
Keywords: seed bread, vegan seed bread, keto seed bread