For the Tofu Scramble
- 1 serving medium or firm tofu, crumbled
- 1 tsp turmeric
- salt and pepper
- dash or soy sauce
- 1 tbsp water
For the Sautéed Veggies
- 1 big handful of kale, de-stemmed and chopped
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup diced white onions
For the Bowls
- 1/2 an avocado
- 1/2 cup cooked brown rice
- In a small dish, mix up the tofu scramble ingredients then set aside. If you’re only making one serving, I’d recommend mixing it up in a dish before cooking. If you’re making a whole package of tofu, you can add everything right into the pan as it’s easier to mix.
- Next, cook the kale, mushrooms and onions. To make them, add them to a skillet over medium-high heat with either a splash of water or 1/2 tsp olive or avocado oil. Cook for 5-8 minutes until tender and browned. Don’t stir too often in order to let them brown. Once they’re cooked, scoop into a bowl.
- In the same pan, add the tofu mixture and cook for 5 minutes until heated through and starting to brown. Alternatively, you can just add the tofu scramble mixture to the kale and mushrooms as they cook and serve it all mixed up.
- To assemble the breakfast bowls, add the tofu scramble to the bowl with the kale mixture then add brown rice, avocado and salsa. Serve right away or pack up for meal prep.
Keywords: healthy breakfast bowls, savory vegan breakfast, easy, healthy, quick