For the Golden Turmeric Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (50 g)
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed (7 g)
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- pinch of sea salt and black pepper
- 3/4 cup water
Oatmeal Bowl Toppings
- Cook the Oats. To make the oats, add the oatmeal ingredients to a small pan and cook over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Cook the tempeh and kale. I did this in one skillet with the kale on half and the tempeh on the other half. I left the pan dry and just a added a few drops of water to the kale. The tempeh just needs to be crisped and the kale just needs a few minutes to wilt and darken.
- Prepare the bowls. Scoop the cooked oats into a bowl and top with the kale, tempeh, avocado, tahini and nutritional yeast. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and if desired, sea salt and pepper.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 585
- Fat: 28 g
- Carbohydrates: 66 g
- Fiber: 23 g
- Protein: 30 g
Keywords: savory oats, easy, healthy, sugar-free, plant-based