- 16 oz. dry, uncooked pasta, any shape
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (30 ml)
- 2 large shallots, chopped (approx. 1/3 cup )
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced (approx. 2 tbsp)
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes, optional
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 16 oz. jar roasted red peppers packed in water, drained
- ½ cup cannellini beans, drained and rinsed (115 g)
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast (25 g)
- 1 ¼ cups unsweetened almond milk (295 mL)
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley or basil (5 g)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Once boiling, add pasta and cook according to package directions until al dente.
- While the pasta cooks, add the olive oil to a skillet over medium-low heat. Once hot, add shallots and garlic. Cook until softened, about 4-5 minutes. Season with a generous pinch of salt and pepper.
- Transfer the shallots and onions to a blender. Add the roasted red peppers, cannellini beans, nutritional yeast and almond milk. Blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain the pasta then return to the pot. Pour the roasted red pepper sauce into the pot and toss with pasta until well combined.
- Add the parsley or basil into the pot and stir to incorporate.
- Serve with another sprinkle of fresh herbs and extra nutritional yeast or dairy-free parmesan.
Find instructions for how to make roasted red peppers here. If you’re making homemade roasted red peppers, use 3 small or 2 large red bell peppers.
Almond milk can be substituted with cashew milk or another non-dairy milk you enjoy.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 546
- Fat: 8 g
- Carbohydrates: 101 g
- Fiber: 15 g
- Protein: 24 g
Keywords: roasted red pepper pasta, vegan roasted red pepper pasta