For the Roasted Red Pepper Pesto
- 1 cup packed, roasted red peppers (2 large or 3 small red peppers, approx. 255 g)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 cup lightly packed fresh basil (35 g)
- 1/2 cup walnuts (or almonds, 65 g)
- 1/4 water or vegetable broth
- 1 tsp sea salt
For the Pasta
- 4 cups lightly packed, de-stemmed and chopped kale (180 g)
- 4 cups chopped broccoli (350 g, optional)
- 4 servings pasta of choice (85 g dry) such as whole wheat penne, spaghetti or chickpea or lentil pasta
- nutritional yeast for topping (optional)
- Add the roasted red peppers, garlic, basil, walnuts, water (or broth) sea salt and black pepper to a food processor or blender and pulse to combine. I would recommend leaving it a little on the chunkier side rather than blending to completely smooth.
- Cook the pasta according to instructions on package making sure to use a pot large enough that you’ll be able to add the veggies in. When there is about 5 minutes left on the pasta, add the kale and broccoli to the pot with the pasta.
- Drain the pasta and veggies then add them back to the pot. Add the red pepper pesto and mix well.
- Serve topped with fresh basil, fresh cracked black pepper and nutritional yeast or vegan parmesan.
Find instructions for how to make roasted red peppers here.
Keywords: easy, simple, healthy, whole food plant-based