For the Vinaigrette
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil (sub vegetable broth or water for oil-free)
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
For the Kale Salad
- 2 medium to large-sized russet potatoes (about 1/2 a potato per serving)
- 4 cups halved brussels sprouts (about 1 cup per serving)
- 6 cups de-stemmed and finely chopped kale (about 1.5 cups per serving)
- 8 tbsp dried cranberries (2 tbsp per serving)
- 8 tbsp chopped walnuts (2 tbsp per serving)
- salt and pepper for roasting the potatoes and brussels sprouts
- olive or avocado oil cooking spray for roasting the brussels sprout
To Make the Dressing
- To make the dressing, add all ingredients to a container and either shake or whisk vigorously or add to a small blender cup and process to combine.
To Make the Roasted Potatoes and Brussel Sprouts
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Line two baking pans with silicone baking mats or parchment paper.
- Cut the ends of the brussel sprouts and cut them in half, place on one of the pans.
- Cut the potatoes into small cubes and place on the other baking pan.
- Spray the brussels sprouts with a light coating of olive oil or avocado oil cooking spray or drizzle with about 1/4 tsp olive oil.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over both the potatoes and brussel sprouts and use your hands to make sure everything is well-coated.
- Place both pans in the oven. Roast the brussel sprouts for about 25-30 minutes until starting to brown. Roast the potatoes for 40-45 minutes until tender, puffy and browned.
To Assemble the Warm Kale Salad
- Remove the kale leaves from the tough stems and chop the leaves into bite-sized pieces. Drizzle the chopped kale with 1/4 tsp olive oil and massage with your hands until soft and dark green.
- Divide the kale between 4 servings and top each with equal amounts of the potatoes, brussels sprouts, cranberries and walnuts.
- Spoon the dressing evenly over each salad and serve right away.
The dressing recipe makes enough for about 4 salads. Store any extra dressing in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 314
- Sugar: 10 g
- Sodium: 300 mg
- Fat: 18 g
- Carbohydrates: 36 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 7 g
Keywords: roasted potato kale salad