- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the top off the head of garlic so the cloves are slightly exposed. Drizzle with 1/4 tsp olive oil per bulb, wrap in tin foil and roast in the oven for 30-40 minutes, either directly on the rack, on a baking tray or in a muffin tin. Once you can easily press the foil packets, the garlic is ready.
- Remove from the oven, open the packet and let cool while you prepare the rest of the hummus.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to a food processor or high-speed blender. Mix until smooth and creamy.
- Once the garlic is cool enough to handle, squeeze each clove out of skin and into the hummus mixture.
- Blend until completely mixed and smooth.
- Adjust the consistency with water (add 1-2 tbsp to thin, if needed) and then season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Store in refrigerator in an air-tight container for up to 6 days.
If you really love garlic and don’t mind this having a strong garlic flavour, you can use 2 full bulbs of garlic. I use 2 bulbs in mine. If you’re unsure, start with 1 bulb as the garlic flavour may be too strong for some.
- Serving Size: 2 tbsp
- Calories: 78
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 150 mg
- Fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 10 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 3 g
Keywords: garlic hummus, roasted garlic hummus