For the Tahini Lime Dressing
- 5 tbsp tahini (75 g)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 3 tbsp water (or more to adjust consistency)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
For the Roasted Chickpeas
For the Kale Salad (per serving)
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 F.
- Prepare the chickpeas by draining them and giving them a thorough rinse. Place them on a dish towel, fold it over them and roll them around until they’re near completely dry. The drier, the better. If some of the skins come off that’s good, you can pick those out. For the crispiest chickpeas, remove all the skins.
- Place the dried chickpeas on a baking tray and drizzle them with the olive oil, rolling around so they’re all coated. Roast for 30-40 minutes until golden brown. When they come out of the oven add the spices and roll around to coat. They will get crispy as they cool.
- To make the dressing, add all the ingredients to a small dish and whisk until smooth and creamy.
- To prepare the salad, add the kale to a bowl and massage with the olive oil. Top with the diced avocado, hemp seeds, roasted chickpeas and a drizzle of the tahini dressing.
The dressing and roasted chickpeas make enough for 4 salads. Adjust the salad ingredients accordingly or use the extra dressing and chickpeas for other salads and snacking.
Inspired by this recipe from Feed Your Glow.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 535
- Fat: 30 g
- Carbohydrates: 50 g
- Fiber: 19 g
- Protein: 23 g
Keywords: kale salad, roasted chickpeas, avocado, hemp seeds