For the Roasted Cauliflower
- 1 large head of cauliflower, stem and leaves removed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper.
For the Burrito Bowls
- 2–3 cups cooked rice or (1/2 to 3/4 cup cooked rice per bowl depending on nutritional needs)
- 19 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed (2 cups)
- 1/2 cup packed, finely chopped fresh cilantro (12 g)
- 1 cup corn (170 g)
- 1 cup diced red onion (150 g)
- 1 cup salsa (260 g)
- 1 avocado, diced
- fresh lime, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- Remove the thick stem and leaves from the head of cauliflower and chop it into florets. Prepare a baking tray with parchment paper (optional) and add the cauliflower to the tray. Drizzle with the oil and sprinkle with all the spices. Use your hands to mix until all the florets are coated
- Roast the cauliflower in the oven for 30-40 minutes until tender and browned.
- While the cauliflower is cooking, start cooking your rice according to the package instructions. This will vary depending on the type of rice you use.
- While the rice and cauliflower are cooking, prepare the bowl ingredients. Dice the red onion, get the salsa, lime and corn ready, drain and rinse the black beans and prepare the avocado.
- Once the rice is ready, divide it between 4 bowls or containers.
- Divide the the cauliflower, onion, black beans, corn and cilantro between each serving.
- Finish each bowl with salsa and avocado (suggested to leave avocado off until serving if making for meal prep) and serve with a wedge of fresh lime.
Bowl ingredients don’t need to be exact. For each serving, I recommend roughly 3/4 cup rice, 1/4 cup each onion, cilantro, salsa and corn and 1/4 to 1/2 of an avocado.
Storing: Bowls can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 4 days. Enjoy cold or reheat in the microwave until heated to your preference. Suggested to leave the avocado off until serving if you plan to reheat the bowls.
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 426
- Sugar: 9 g
- Fat: 11 g
- Carbohydrates: 72 g
- Fiber: 17 g
- Protein: 16 g
Keywords: cauliflower burrito bowl