These vegan Roasted Cauliflower Bowls with Tahini Ranch Dressing feature healthy ingredients like red onion, avocado, cucumber and carrot and it’s all topped off with a delicious, creamy Tahini Ranch Dressing.
Nooch & Tahini
Today I’m sharing another recipe that uses nutritional yeast and one of my favourite all-time ingredients…tahini! Tahini is a paste made from ground, hulled sesame seeds and it’s a must-have staple in my kitchen. I mainly use it for dressings and dips, but it can even been used in desserts! It’s a good source of copper, manganese, omega-3, omega-6 and with its relatively high levels of calcium and protein it’s a excellent addition to a vegan diet.
Roasted Cauliflower Bowls with Tahini Ranch Dressing
I’ve really been loving all sorts of salads lately and not just for the incredible nutrition they provide. I just love how easy they are to make! As long as I’m stocked up on fruit and veggies I can whip up something delicious in no time.
This one takes a little more effort with the roasted cauliflower, but adding it makes for a substantial, nutritious and delicious meal that’s tangy, savoury, crispy and all kinds of satisfying.Print
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup water
- Place all ingredients except the water into a blender and mix until smooth.
- Add water slowly to reach desired thickness.
- For the baked cauliflower:
- 1 crown cauliflower
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- For the salad:
- 1/4 avocado/person
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 2-3 handfuls of spinach or field greens/person
- 3 carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1 cup green peas
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Cut the cauliflower into bite-sized pieces and place in a bowl with the garlic powder, nutritional yeast and olive oil. Mix well, making sure all the pieces are well coated.
- Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes or until crispy and browned.
- Place the spinach or field greens in individual bowls, divide the rest of the ingredients amongst each serving.
- Top with the baked cauliflower and Tahini Ranch Dressing.