This hearty, flavourful stew is ready in less than 30 minutes and features cauliflower and carrot married with red curry, rice and lentils.
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 3 tbsp of red curry paste
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 tbsp soy sauce or gluten-free tamari
- 1/2 cup uncooked jasmine rice
- 1/2 cup uncooked red lentils
- 1 1/3 cup vegetable stock
- 1 (28 oz.) can diced tomatoes, with the juices
- 2 tsp coconut sugar (sub brown sugar, agave or maple syrup)
- optional: 1/2 cup coconut milk
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large sauce pan, cook the garlic, onion and ginger in 1-2 tbsp of vegetable broth over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring, until softened and fragrant.
- Add the carrots, cauliflower and red curry paste. Stir and cook for a 3-4 more minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, mix well, cover and lightly simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove the lid and let simmer for another 5-10 minutes until everything is cooked and most of the liquid is absorbed. Option to stir in 1/2 cup of coconut milk for extra creaminess.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve right away.
Nutrition facts include coconut milk.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 504
- Sugar: 10 g
- Fat: 10 g
- Carbohydrates: 80 g
- Fiber: 16 g
- Protein: 28 g
Keywords: red lentil curry, cauliflower lentil curry