- 5 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 medium white onion, diced (300 g, approx. 2 cups)
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger or 1 tsp dried ground ginger
- 3 tbsp red curry paste
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 5 cups peeled and cubed kabocha squash (about 1 medium-sized squash or 700 g)
- 4 cups peeled and chopped carrots (about 8 carrots or 600 g)
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 to 1 cup light coconut milk
- Add the garlic, onion and ginger to a soup pot with a few tablespoons of the vegetable stock and let cook over medium heat until starting to soften.
- Stir in the red curry paste, stir well and cook for a few more minutes.
- Add the stock, squash and carrot.
- Simmer lightly until the squash and carrot are fork-tender, approximately 20-25 minutes.
- Carefully add the cooked soup to a blender or use an immersion blender in the pot to blend until smooth. Alternatively, you can leave about 1/3 of the soup behind for a chunkier soup.
- Pour the blended soup back into the pot if you used a blender and stir in the fresh lime juice and coconut. Start with 1/2 cup of coconut milk, then add a little more if needed to reach desired thickness.
The soup thickens up quite a bit next day. To adjust the consistency, stir in some vegetable broth or water.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 87
- Sugar: 7.7 g
- Fat: 1.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 17.5 g
- Fiber: 4.2 g
- Protein: 2.3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 g
Keywords: easy, quick, healthy