For the Crust
- 1 cup (100 g) raw pecans
- 1 cup (175 g) pitted dates
For the Filling
- ½ cup (130 g) drippy raw cashew butter (almond and peanut also work)
- ½ cup (118 ml) melted coconut oil
- 1 cup (175 g) soft, moist pitted dates
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon (20 g) pure maple syrup
- ½ cup (43 g) unsweetened shredded coconut
- Pinch of salt
- Whole raw pecans
- To make the crust, pulse the pecans into a powdery flour in your food processor, then add the dates and keep processing until everything sticks together. Press into a pie dish and put in the fridge.
- To make the filling, blend all the ingredients until smooth. Spread onto your crust and arrange the pecans on top. Put back in the fridge for 2 hours or overnight. Slice and enjoy!
This recipe has been re-printed with permission from Rawsome Vegan Baking by Emily Von Euw, Page Street Publishing Co. 2014.
Nutrition facts do not include pecans for topping.
Keywords: raw pecan pie, healthy, easy, thanksgiving, christmas