Raw Vegan Maple Pecan Pie
This gluten-free, raw vegan maple pecan pie is incredibly decadent but made with just a handful of wholesome ingredients. No baking required!
The stunning no-bake dessert is easy to make, delicious and sure to impress anyone who tries it. They’ll never know it’s vegan, that’s for sure!
Here are the main ingredients you’ll need to make this pie:
- Raw pecans. You’ll need 1 cup of raw pecans. They should have no other ingredient such as oil or salt, just plain, raw pecans.
- Dates. Soft, moist dates are key for the both the crust and filling. Sayer, deglect noor or medjool are all good choices.
- Coconut oil. Coconut oil is needed to set the filling so there is no substitute for it in this recipe.
- Cashew butter. The cashew butter makes up the creamy filling of the pie. It can be substituted with another nut butter if you like.
- Shredded coconut. You can’t beat maple, pecan and coconut together! You’ll need unsweetened fine or medium shredded coconut to make the creamy maple cashew coconut filling.
How to Make this Recipe
Step 1. Prepare the Crust
To make the crust, add the pecans to a food processor and mix into a fine flour. Add the dates and process into a crumbly dough.
Firmly press the dough into a pie dish or tart pan and stick in the fridge while you make the filling. A shallow tart pan like this one works well for this recipe.
Step 2. Prepare the Filling
The filling is even easier! Add everything to a food processor or high-speed blender and process until smooth and creamy.
Step 3. Chill and enjoy!
Finally, pop the whole pie into the fridge and chill for a couple hours until firm. Slice and Enjoy!
If you’d like to decorate the top of the pie, wait until it’s firmed for 30 minutes or so then top with pecans and/or a sprinkled of shredded coconut.
This beautiful recipe is by Emily Von Euw which she has kindly shared with us from her cookbook, Rawsome Vegan Baking. If you love wholesome but decadent and delicious, no-bake vegan desserts, her book is a must. Check it out here.
Here are some more vegan treats that are perfect for the holidays:
- No-Bake Pecan Pie Bites
- Gluten-Free Thumbprint Cookies
- Raw Vegan Rum Balls
- Easy Pumpkin Mousse
- Vegan Eggnog
Did you make this recipe? Click here to leave a review!Print
For the Crust
- 1 cup (100 g) raw pecans
- 1 cup (175 g) pitted dates
For the Filling
- ½ cup (130 g) drippy raw cashew butter (almond and peanut also work)
- ½ cup (118 ml) melted coconut oil
- 1 cup (175 g) soft, moist pitted dates
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon (20 g) pure maple syrup
- ½ cup (43 g) unsweetened shredded coconut
- Pinch of salt
- Whole raw pecans
- To make the crust, pulse the pecans into a powdery flour in your food processor, then add the dates and keep processing until everything sticks together. Press into a pie dish and put in the fridge.
- To make the filling, blend all the ingredients until smooth. Spread onto your crust and arrange the pecans on top. Put back in the fridge for 2 hours or overnight. Slice and enjoy!
This recipe has been re-printed with permission from Rawsome Vegan Baking by Emily Von Euw, Page Street Publishing Co. 2014.
Nutrition facts do not include pecans for topping.
Keywords: raw pecan pie, healthy, easy, thanksgiving, christmas
UPDATE NOTE: This recipe was originally published on April 3, 2014 as part of a cookbook review of Rawsome Vegan Baking. It was updated on December 2019 with new photos and text.