- 3 packed cups (450 g) peeled and grated beet (about 2 large or 3 small beets)
- 2 green apples, grated or thinly sliced
- 1 cup grated or thinly sliced red cabbage
- 1/2 a medium red onion, diced (about 3/4 cup lightly packed, 100 g)
- 1.5 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1.5 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste, optional
- Add everything to a bowl and mix well to combine.
- Serve right away or store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
This makes enough for 6-8 side salads. If you don’t need much, consider halving the recipe since it’s best served fresh or within 24 hours.
If needed, red cabbage may be substituted with green cabbage, red onion can be substituted with white onion and the oil can be omitted.
This salad can be enjoyed on its own as a light meal, snack, or side salad but it also works beautifully as a topping for things like burgers and tacos. It’s also great to serve alongside breakfast and brunch or added to any buddha bowl.
- Serving Size: 1/6th of recipe
- Calories: 111
- Sugar: 15 g
- Sodium: 400 mg
- Fat: 2.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 21 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 2 g
Keywords: beet slaw, beet apple salad, beet cabbage salad