Craving chocolate chip banana bread but don’t feel like baking? Banana bread bites to the rescue! Whip up these yummy energy balls in 10 minutes for a healthy snack that tastes like dessert!
- Add the nuts and oats to a food processor and blend until broken down and grainy.
- Add everything but the chocolate chips and blend into a thick, sticky dough you can press together between your fingers.
- Add the chocolate chips and pulse a few times to mix throghout.
- Use your hands to roll the dough into 20 balls.
- To smooth out the balls after rolling, wet hands and roll each ball a few times to smooth.
- It’s okay to enjoy them right away, they’ll just be a little soft, otherwise, firm in the fridge for 30 minutes then enjoy!
Storing: Sealed container in the fridge for up to 1 week or freezer for up to 3 months. Okay at room temperature if taking to-go but will get soft it it’s warm. Store in the freezer beforehand and keep cool if possible.
Nuts: Use 1 cup of walnuts, pecans or almonds or mix and match and needed.
Sugar-Free Option: Use sugar-free chocolate chips such as Lily’s or to reduce sugar content, use high-cacao content dark chocolate.
Oat-Free Option: Replace oats with and additional 1 cup of nuts (2 cups nuts total).
Dates: It’s important to use soft dates in this recipe. If your dates are very dry, soak them in hot water for 15 minutes then drain well before using in the recipe.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 117
- Sugar: 11 g
- Fat: 6 g
- Carbohydrates: 17 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 2 g
Keywords: banana bread bites, banana balls