An easy vegetarian ramen noodle stir fry you can whip up for a quick and tasty weeknight meal.
For the Stir Fry Sauce
- 3 tbsp soy sauce or tamari, low-sodium, if desired (45 mL)
- 1 tbsp water (15 mL)
- 2 tsp vegetarian oyster sauce (10 mL)
- 2 tsp rice vinegar (10 mL)
- 1 tsp sugar or maple syrup (5 g)
- 1 tsp sesame oil (5 mL)
- 1 tsp chili garlic sauce (5 g, like sambal oelek)
For the Ramen Stir Fry
- 2 100 g packages instant ramen noodles
- 1 tbsp oil (15 mL)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions (30 g)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or grated (15 g)
- 4 cups coleslaw cabbage mix (about 350 g)
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds, optional for topping
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Mix Sauce: In a medium bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, water, vegetarian oyster sauce, rice vinegar, sugar, sesame oil and chili garlic sauce. Set aside for now.
- Cook Noodles: Open the ramen packages, discarding the flavor packets. Add the noodles to the boiling water and cook for 1-2 minutes, using chopsticks or a fork to stir occasionally and break the noodles apart. You just want to rehydrate the ramen until they break up their rectangular form. Avoid overcooking them as they’ll finish cooking in the pan.
- Drain Noodles: Drain the noodles in a colander and rinse under cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Stir Fry Vegetables: In a large skillet or wok, heat 1 tbsp oil over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, add the green onions, garlic and cabbage. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring often, until cabbage is tender-crisp.
- Stir Fry Noodles: To the pan with vegetables, add the drained noodles and the stir fry sauce. Cook for 1 min, tossing the noddles in the sauce, until noodles are well coated and have absorbed most of the sauce.
- Serve: Divide noodles between bowls or plates. Top with more green onions and sesame seeds, if desired.
- Serving Size: 1/3 recipe
- Calories: 243
- Sugar: 7 g
- Fat: 7 g
- Carbohydrates: 39 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 7 g
Keywords: ramen stir fry, ramen noodle stir fry