- 5 medium zucchini, use a spiral slicer to create noodles
- 2 tsp of olive oil, divided
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 3 small or 1–2 large tomato, diced
- 2 red peppers, diced
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- red pepper flakes, to taste (optional)
- Optional toppings: fresh chopped parsley and nutritional yeast
- Heat a large pan on medium high heat. Add 1 tsp of olive oil (save the rest for later). Add zucchini noodles and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the zucchini noodles are tender. Don’t overcook the noodles, they should be slightly crunchy with a tender bite.
- Let the noodles rest for about 3 minutes to allow as much moisture as possible to release. Remove the noodles from the pan and drain the excess water.
- Drain the excess moisture from the pan, wiping dry if needed. Add the other 1 tsp of olive oil, garlic, onion, red peppers, basil, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes if using.
- Cook for about 5-10 minutes until softened.
- Add the noodles and tomoto back in and stir to combine.
- Serve with fresh parsley and nutritional yeast (optional).
- Serves 4.
Keywords: tomato basil zoodles, quick zucchini noodles