Busy weeknights have nothin’ on these quick and easy tomato basil zoodles!
I’ve been wanting to share more recipes with you guys but I’m in such a rush during the week, I often feel like I don’t have time to post. But then I thought, why does it have to be a big, long, epic, post?? It doesn’t! So, here’s my dinner from tonight…ready in under 15 minutes. My kinda dinner.
Get yo pasta fix and eat it all up because it’s super low cal and carb and yum, yum, yum!!
To add protein to this dish, I would recommend topping with cooked lentils, edamame or baked tofu!
Easy Tomato Basil Zoodles
ready in less than 10 minutes
lots of fresh flavour
tastes great next day
use fresh basil if you have it!
Check back soon, I’ll be posting a lot more on-the-go impromptu recipes aka what I’m actually eating for dinner on any given night. Enjoy!
If you don’t have a spiral slicer (and you must, best kitchen invention ever): get one here.Print
Ready in 20 minutes! Just chop your veggies, spiral your zoodles, cook it all up and you have a super healthy and delicious, comforting bowl of “pasta” that’s full of flavour. Low in fat, gluten-free, vegan.
- 5 medium zucchini, use a spiral slicer to create noodles
- 2 tsp of olive oil, divided
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 3 small or 1-2 large tomato, diced
- 2 red peppers, diced
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- red pepper flakes, to taste (optional)
- Optional toppings: fresh chopped parsley and nutritional yeast
- Heat a large pan on medium high heat. Add 1 tsp of olive oil (save the rest for later). Add zucchini noodles and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the zucchini noodles are tender. Don’t overcook the noodles, they should be slightly crunchy with a tender bite.
- Let the noodles rest for about 3 minutes to allow as much moisture as possible to release. Remove the noodles from the pan and drain the excess water.
- Drain the excess moisture from the pan, wiping dry if needed. Add the other 1 tsp of olive oil, garlic, onion, red peppers, basil, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes if using.
- Cook for about 5-10 minutes until softened.
- Add the noodles and tomoto back in and stir to combine.
- Serve with fresh parsley and nutritional yeast (optional).
- Serves 4.
Try these Quick and Easy Tomato Basil Zoodles for a simple, nutritious weeknight dinner. Ready in under 15 minutes!Click To Tweet