- 1 medium-sized red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Chop the onion into thin, even slices and add them to the jar or container you plan to store them in.
- In a small saucepan, bring the water, vinegar, sugar and salt to boil then pour over the onions. Use a fork to make sure all the onion is submerged.
- Let them cool before sealing and storing in the fridge. They’ll be ready to eat after about 30 minutes of soaking.
- Store the sealed jar in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.
Keywords: pickled red onion, quick pickled red onion