- 1 ½ teaspoons oil (7.5 mL)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened non-dairy milk (30 mL)
- 2 tablespoons sugar (25 g)
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin puree (45 g)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup gluten-free or regular all-purpose flour (30 g)
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 tablespoons dairy-free chocolate chips (30 g)
- Add the oil, milk, sugar, pumpkin puree and vanilla to a mug and mix well for 15-30 seconds until fully combined.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until everything is incorporated.
- Microwave on high for 85 seconds. Watch for the sides being firm but err on the side of slightly undercooked in the middle. It’s better to be a little underdone rather than overcooked as it will continue to cook as it cools.
Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Serve as is or top with whipped cream, your favourite vanilla ice cream or cashew glaze and enjoy!
Oil may be substituted with applesauce or dripped almond or peanut butter for an oil-free mug cake.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 300
- Sodium: 319 mg
- Fat: 8 g
- Carbohydrates: 55 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 4 g
Keywords: pumpkin mug cake, vegan pumpkin mug cake