This delicious smoothie is the best of both worlds…pumpkin AND gingerbread! Try it topped with raw cookie dough for the ultimate treat.
- 1/2 cup (125 g) pure pumpkin puree
- 1 large (125 g) frozen banana
- 1.5 tbsp (30 g) molasses
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 scoop (30 g) vanilla plant-based protein powder
- 1 cup almond milk plus more to adjust consistency
- Add the milk to your blender, starting with 1 cup, then add the rest of the ingredients. You may need to add a little more milk to reach your desired consistency.
- Start blending on low then slowly increase speed. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a glass and top with the optional cookie dough crumble (see notes). Enjoy right away.
Cookie Dough Topping: Add 2 small, soft pitted dates, 1 tsp of molasses, 2 tbsp of oats and a pinch of cinnamon, ginger and sea salt to a blender and pulse a few times until it forms a dough. If you don’t want to blend it, just mash it all up in a bowl. Other yummy toppings are coconut bacon or crumbled cookie dough balls.
Banana-Free/Lower-Sugar-Option: Banana can be replaced with 1.25 cups frozen peach slices or you can use half a large banana and about 1/2 cup frozen peach slices.
Additions: Add 1-2 tbsp almond or peanut butter for an extra creamy treat. For more volume and nutrition, add up to 1 cup cooked, frozen cauliflower or raw or cooked frozen, peeled zucchini.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 373
- Fat: 5 g
- Carbohydrates: 63 g
- Fiber: 11 g
- Protein: 25 g
Keywords: pumpkin smoothie, gingerbread smoothie