Enjoy easy sheet pan tofu and veggies over rice and topped with a delicious, creamy vegan ginger peanut sauce.
For the Tofu
- 1 (400g) Block extra firm tofu, drained and patted dry
- 2 tbsp tamari (40g)
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
For the Ginger Peanut Sauce
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter (145g)
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 3 tsp fresh ginger, grated (12g grated)
- 1 clove garlic, grated (8g)
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or coconut sugar
- 4–6 tbsp warm water
- 1–2 tsp sambal oelek or Srircha, optional, for heat
For the Bowls
- 1 small head broccoli, cut into 1-inch florets (6 cups/395 g)
- 2 carrot, peeled and cut diagonally into ½-inch rounds (1.5 cups/200 g)
- 1 red onion, chopped (1.5 cups/200 g)
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- Marinade the Tofu: Cut tofu into 1-inch cubes. In a bowl or Tupperware container, combine tamari, sesame oil, maple syrup and garlic powder. Add the tofu, then toss to coat. Set aside to marinade for 20 mins, tossing the mixture occasionally.
- Cook Rice: If you don’t have cooked rice on hand, start cooking your choice of rice now according to package instructions. You can use as much rice as desired per bowl. The suggested amount is 1/2-1 cup per bowl
- Preheat the Oven: Preheat the oven to 425 F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Bake Tofu: Once the tofu has marinated, sprinkle the cornstarch over top, then toss to coat. Spread the tofu out on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 20-25 mins until golden-brown and crisped.
- Roast Vegetables: On another baking sheet, arrange broccoli, carrots and onion. Drizzle with 2 tsp oil, and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Roast for 20-25 mins, until tender and golden-brown (at the same time as the tofu).
- Make the Ginger Peanut Sauce: While veggies and tofu are roasting, combine all ingredients for the ginger-peanut sauce in a small blender and blend until smooth. Start with 4 tbsp water, blend, then slowly add more as needed to adjust the consistency. Taste and season with salt, if needed. Depending if your peanut butter is salted or not, determine if seasoning with salt is needed
- Serve: Divide cooked rice between 4 servings/bowls. Top each with the veggies and tofu. Drizzle ginger-peanut sauce over top. Sprinkle bowls with green onions and sesame seeds.
Nutrition facts include 3/4 cup cooked rice per bowl and 1/4 of the peanut sauce.
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 441
- Sugar: 16 g
- Sodium: 1070 mg
- Fat: 28 g
- Carbohydrates: 72 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 24 g
Keywords: peanut tofu bowl