Quick Peanut Cauliflower Rice
I make some version of this peanut cauliflower rice all the time so I thought it was about time I shared it with you! It’s super easy to make and comes together in just a few minutes, even with making the cauliflower rice! If you prep the cauliflower rice ahead of time, you’re looking at about 10 minutes said and done.
Use Any Veggies You Want
You can choose any veggies you want for this dish but I usually keep it simple with diced red peppers, carrot and green onion. I love lots of cilantro in mine and of course, plenty of garlic flavour.
Cauliflower rice is a weekly staple at my house. I love prepping a huge batch of it on weekends so I can make quick dinners during the week like my Healthy Fried Cauliflower Rice or Red Curry Cauliflower Rice! You can check this post for how to make riced cauliflower.
I love cauliflower in general, it’s such a versatile veggie and it’s packed with plenty of nutrition too! Cauliflower rice is one of my favourite ways to eat it but I also love curried roasted cauliflower, adding it to smoothies and baking it with nutritional yeast.
Health Benefits of Cauliflower
- fights cancer
- boosts heart health
- 1 cup contains 77% RDC vitamin C
- rich in vitamin K, protein, thiamin, magnesium, vitamin B6 and folate
- great source of dietary fibre
- rich in antioxidants and phytonutrients
So, ya. Cauliflower is a nutritional super start, so try to include it and other cruciferous vegetables in your diet on a regular basis. This super quick peanut cauliflower rice is a delicious way to get more cauliflower in your diet!
Super Quick Peanut Cauliflower Rice
just a few simple ingredients
lots of flavour
really easy to make
tastes great next day
makes a great packed lunch option
ready in less than 15 minutes
Make it Super Easy!
I’m a big believer in making healthy, plant-based eating quick, easy and accessible. Believe it or not, I’m a pretty lazy cook. The less ingredients I need and the simpler the recipe, the better. We’re all busy and I don’t want you guys to be worried about what to make for dinner. Keep it simple, get creative…play around with this recipe, tweak it to your liking, use whatever veggies you have on hand, add a protein source if you want…that’s it….enjoy!!Print
- 1 carrot, approx. 1/2 cup diced
- 1 red bell pepper, approx. 1 cup diced
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 4 cups riced cauliflower (1 small head of cauliflower, approx. 500 g)
- 3 tbsp powdered peanut butter
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp garlic powder (use 2–4 cloves minced garlic if you prefer)
- Add all ingredients to a large, non-stick skillet and cook for 10 minutes, stirring until the cauliflower and carrot is tender.
- Serve immediately.
- To make riced cauliflower, break a crown of cauliflower into pieces and place in a food processor or blender. Pulse for a few seconds until it forms rice. If using a blender, you may need to fill the blender with water to prevent clogging. I use the food processor portion of my Ninja Kitchen System and it works great.
I’d love to hear about your easy plant-based kitchen creations! What are favourite, quick go-to meals? Do you always cook with recipes or typically wing it like I do?