- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Mix the peanut butter, maple syrup and melted coconut oil in a large mixing bowl until smooth and creamy. Stir in the oats.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Add the granola and spread it into one even layer. If needed, use two baking trays so the granola is not piled on itself.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Check at 20 minutes then keep an eye on it every few minutes after that to prevent burning. It should be golden brown and fragrant when done.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely on the pan before handling or storing. This is important as it will crisp up as it cools.
- Once it’s cool, mix in any desired add-ins then store in an air-tight container.
Mix and match any of these add-ins up to about 1.5 cups total: raisins, cranberries, chopped dates, goji berries, banana chips, sunflower seeds, hemp seeds, pepitas, peanuts, almonds, walnuts, pecans, cashews, coconut, chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate. Nuts and seeds can be added before baking, dried fruit, chocolate and coconut should be added after baking.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup (60 g)
- Calories: 303
- Fat: 14 g
- Carbohydrates: 37 g
- Protein: 9 g
Keywords: peanut butter granola, easy, refined sugar-free, healthy