- 1 cup coffee, cooled (250 mL)
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter (30 g)
- 1 1/2 medium frozen ripe bananas (180 g)
- 1 scoop vanilla or chocolate protein powder (30 g)
- plant-based milk, as needed to adjust consistency
- a few ice cubes (optional)
- Add the coffee to a high-speed blender, then add the rest of the ingredients.
- Start blending on low then slowly increase speed and blend briefly until completely smooth and creamy.
- If needed, add a bit more coffee or plant-based milk of choice to adjust the consistency.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!
Peanut butter can be substituted with cashew butter, almond butter or for a nut-free smoothie, tahini or sunflower seed butter.
For extra volume and nutrition, try adding 1 cup steamed and frozen cauliflower or zucchini. You may need additional liquid to reach your desired consistency.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 452
- Fat: 19 g
- Carbohydrates: 53 g
- Fiber: 9 g
- Protein: 30 g
Keywords: banana coffee smoothie, protein coffee shake