For the Almond Pad Thai Sauce
- 5 tbsp almond butter (75 g)
- 3 tbsp tamarind paste (45 g)
- 3 tbsp tomato sauce (45 g)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp soy sauce (use gluten-free tamari or coconut aminos if needed)
- 5 tbsp water (or more to reach desired consistency
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (omit if you don’t want it spicy)
- 1/2 tsp unprocessed stevia (sub 1 tbsp pure maple syrup or 2-3 small soft pitted dates, or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp coriander
For the Vegetable Noodle Salad (per person)
- 1 small zucchini, peeled and spiralized
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled and spiralized
- 1/2 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 small carrot, peeled and julienned
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green onion
- handful of finely chopped cilantro
- 3 tbsp raw cashews
- squeeze of fresh lime juice
- To make the almond pad thai sauce, blend all the ingredients until smooth and creamy, adjusting the amount of water as needed to reach desired consistency. With 5 tbsp it will be quite thick, and can be used as a sauce or dip, add a bit more for a slightly thinner sauce that’s closer to a dressing. Note: it will thicken as it’s stored in the fridge and you can always add water later to thin as needed.
- To make the vegetable noodle salad, add all of the ingredients to a bowl and top with desired amount of pad Thai sauce.
- The salad ingredients listed are for one person. Increase as needed depending on how many servings you want. The sauce makes 4-6 servings or more depending on how much you use.
- You can use raw almonds as a replacement for almond butter. I don’t have an exact amount but I’d try 1/3 cup to start, you may need more or less water.
- The sauce is quite spicy with just 1/4 tsp of red pepper flakes and it gets spicier once stored in the fridge. I wouldn’t recommend adding more. You can omit it if you don’t want it to be spicy.
- The noodle salad gets wattery once stored so I would recommend only making it as needed or storing it separately from the sauce if making a larger batch. The sauce keeps well in the fridge up to 5 days so you can use it on a variety of dishes throughout the week.
Keywords: pad thai, almond butter, zucchini noodles, noodle salad