For the Overnight Oatmeal
- Half a ripe banana, mashed (60 g)
- 1/2 cup (50 g) One Degree Organics Sprouted Rolled Oats
- 1 Tbsp (7 g) ground One Degree Organics Flax Seeds
- 1 cup almond milk or other plant-based milk of choice
- 1 Tbsp (7 g) One Degree Organics Hemp Seeds (optional, can be reserved and used as a topping if you prefer)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract (optional, enhances flavour)
- Pinch of sea salt (optional, enhances flavour)
For the Parfaits
- Yogurt of choice such as coconut or cashew
- Fresh berries or cinnamon sautéed apples (see notes)
- One Degree Organics cereal of choice such as Brown Rice Cacao Crisps
- To make the overnight oats, mash the banana in a container then add the rest of the ingredients and mix well to thoroughly combine. Place in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning, top with ¼ to ½ cup yogurt of choice, fresh berries and a sprinkle of your favourite One Degree cereal.
- If you’d like to try the cinnamon sautéed apple topping, add 1 diced apple to a non-stick skillet and add a splash of water and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Sautéed over medium heat until the apples are soft and starting to brown, adding more water as needed if the pan starts to dry out.
- For an alternative sweetener, omit the banana and add up to 1 tbsp of pure maple syrup.
- With 1 cup of almond milk the oats are quite creamy and have a porridge-like consistency. Reduce the liquid used to ¾ cup if you prefer thicker oats.
- For extra protein, mix in ½ serving of plant-based vanilla protein powder.
Keywords: easy overnight oatmeal recipe, overnight oats with flax