Overnight Oatmeal Parfaits
These vegan and gluten-free overnight oatmeal parfaits are easy to make, customizable and a great option for meal prep. Prepare a few batches on Sunday so you’re all ready for quick and healthy breakfasts throughout the week.
Oats for an Easy Breakfast
Overnight oats are a wonderful way to enjoy a quick and healthy breakfast even on busy mornings. I love having a few containers prepped and stashed in the fridge for weekday mornings. They take just minutes to prepare the night before and in the morning, they’re ready to go. They can be enjoyed cold or warmed up stovetop or in the microwave. They even make a great snack!
This recipe for overnight oatmeal parfaits features One Degree Sprouted Rolled Oats, banana, One Degree ground Flax and Hemp Seeds. To make the parfaits, the overnight oatmeal is topped with creamy dairy-free yogurt, fresh berries and crunchy chocolate One Degree Sprouted Brown Rice Cacao Crisps.
Natural Sweetening Options
There are a few different ways you can sweeten your overnight oatmeal. This version includes half a ripe mashed banana which provides natural sweetness to the recipe and well as fiber, potassium and vitamins.
If you prefer, you can omit the banana and add 1 tablespoon of pure maple syrup, 1-2 tablespoons of sugar-free jam, stevia to taste or you can leave them unsweetened. I often leave them unsweetened since the fruit and yogurt parfait topping adds some sweetness.
Another option is to add half a serving of vanilla plant-based protein powder for sweetness as well as an extra boost of protein.
This recipe features 1 tablespoon each of One Degree ground Flax Seeds and Hemp Seeds. The flax helps to thicken the oats and the hemp seeds add nutritional benefits, however, both of these seeds offer plenty of nutrition.
Ground flax is a good source of omega-3 essential fatty acids and is rich in fiber, vitamins and minerals that promote cardiovascular and bone health. Hemp seeds are nutrient-rich and provide a complete source of plant protein, omega-3, 6 and 9 fatty acids and are a good source of vitamin E, iron and magnesium. Adding these two super seeds to oatmeal is an easy way to include them in your diet regularly.
Overnight Oat Parfait Toppings
To top off your overnight oatmeal in the morning, add your favourite yogurt such as coconut or cashew, a handful of fresh berries or cinnamon sautéed apples and a few spoonfuls of One Degree cereal for some crunch.
I used the Brown Rice Cacao Crisps because they’re my favourite. You can also add a spoonful of almond butter or some chopped nuts. Even if you don’t add the parfait toppings, the overnight oats are delicious, healthy and filling on their own.
Healthy Overnight Oatmeal Parfaits
Alright, let’s get to this recipe already! These oats are plant-based, gluten-free, sugar-free and high in fiber. The recipe serves 1 but can easily be doubled or tripled to make multiple servings.
They can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 4 days making these a great meal prep solution for busy mornings.
More Overnights Oats Recipes
Here are some more overnight oats recipes you might like:
- Blueberry Muffin Overnight Oats
- Apple Pie Overnight Oats
- Carrot Cake Overnight Protein Oats
- Banana Blueberry Chia Overnight Oats
You’ll need just a few minutes to prep the overnight oats the night before so you can wake up to a deliciously creamy, nourishing breakfast. In the morning, simply top with yogurt, fresh berries, a sprinkle of your favorite One Degree cereal and dig in!
For the Overnight Oatmeal
- Half a ripe banana, mashed (60 g)
- 1/2 cup (50 g) One Degree Organics Sprouted Rolled Oats
- 1 Tbsp (7 g) ground One Degree Organics Flax Seeds
- 1 cup almond milk or other plant-based milk of choice
- 1 Tbsp (7 g) One Degree Organics Hemp Seeds (optional, can be reserved and used as a topping if you prefer)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract (optional, enhances flavour)
- Pinch of sea salt (optional, enhances flavour)
For the Parfaits
- Yogurt of choice such as coconut or cashew
- Fresh berries or cinnamon sautéed apples (see notes)
- One Degree Organics cereal of choice such as Brown Rice Cacao Crisps
- To make the overnight oats, mash the banana in a container then add the rest of the ingredients and mix well to thoroughly combine. Place in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning, top with ¼ to ½ cup yogurt of choice, fresh berries and a sprinkle of your favourite One Degree cereal.
- If you’d like to try the cinnamon sautéed apple topping, add 1 diced apple to a non-stick skillet and add a splash of water and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Sautéed over medium heat until the apples are soft and starting to brown, adding more water as needed if the pan starts to dry out.
- For an alternative sweetener, omit the banana and add up to 1 tbsp of pure maple syrup.
- With 1 cup of almond milk the oats are quite creamy and have a porridge-like consistency. Reduce the liquid used to ¾ cup if you prefer thicker oats.
- For extra protein, mix in ½ serving of plant-based vanilla protein powder.
Keywords: easy overnight oatmeal recipe, overnight oats with flax
Disclaimer: This recipe was created in partnership with One Degree Organic Foods. All opinions are my own.