For the Crust
- 2 cups of pecans (200 g)
- 4 tablespoons of maple syrup (70 g, or 1/2 cup soft and moist pitted dates)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Cheesecake
- Soak the cashews for at least 6 hours up to overnight in a bowl of water. When you’re ready to make the cake drain and rinse.
- Add the ingredients for the crust to a food processor and blend into a moldable dough.
- Prepare a 8 or 9-inch springform pan and press the dough into the pan using your hands until you have a flat, uniform surface. I like to make one layer for the crust but you can also press the dough up the sides of the pan for a thinner crust that wraps around the sides of the cheesecake.
- Add the drained cashews to a high-speed blender with the rest of the cheesecake ingredients and blend into a very smooth and creamy consistency.
- Pour the cream over the crust in the pan and smooth using a spatula if needed.
- Place the cake in the freezer for 2 hours up to overnight.
- Let thaw briefly at room temperature or in the fridge for 30-60 minutes before slicing and serving.
If you can’t find store-bought coconut cream, place 2 cans of full-fat coconut milk in the fridge overnight. When you’re ready to make the cheesecake, open the cans and carefully scoop the thick coconut cream off the top. Each can should produce roughly 1/2 cup of coconut cream. The water left behind can be reserved for smoothies, curries and soups.
If you don’t have a citrus planer to make the lemon zest, a fine grater works or you can slice off a few chunks of lemon peel and mince with a knife.
Cheesecake must be stored in the freezer. Store in slices or whole in an airtight container for up to 3 months. If freezing for an extended period, consider wrapping in foil or saran to prevent freezer burn. If cake is frozen, thaw briefly at room temperature or in the fridge for 1-2 hours before serving.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 587
- Sugar: 21 g
- Sodium: 15 mg
- Fat: 43 g
- Carbohydrates: 33 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 9 g
Keywords: no-bake cheesecake, no-bake lemon cheesecake, raw vegan cheesecake