These delicious no-bake bars feature the classic combo of chocolate and coconut, inspired by Almond Joy. Enjoy these sweet treats for a healthy homemade dessert or energizing snack anytime. Just 4 ingredients needed!
- 2 cups (200 g) unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup (160 g) raw almonds
- 1 cup packed (225 g), pitted soft dates (see notes)
- 1/2 cup (90 g) dairy-free chocolate chunks or chips, or chopped dark chocolate
- 1/2 tsp almond extract, optional
- 1/2 cup (90 g) dairy-free chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate, for topping (optional)
- more coconut, for topping
- Add the coconut to a food processor and processor for 5-10 minutes unit it starts to form a thick paste.
- Add the almonds and dates and mix until it forms a thick dough. Add the almond extract if you’re using it.
- Add the chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate and pulse a few times to combine.
- Line a 7-8 inch square baking pan with saran wrap or parchment paper then firmly press the dough into the pan taking a few minutes to work it into all the corners and smooth it out.
- Melt 1/2 cup chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate on the stovetop or in the microwave then spread it over the bars. Sprinkle a little coconut on top, if desired.
- Place in the freezer for at least 1 hour. If you topped the bars with chocolate, let them sit at room temperate for 10-15 minutes before slicing to prevent the chocolate from cracking.
- Lift out of the pan and cut into 20 bars.
Soft, moist dates are best for this recipe. If your dates are dry, soak them in hot water for 15 minutes then drain well before using in the recipe.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 172
- Sugar: 17 g
- Sodium: 25 mg
- Fat: 10 g
- Carbohydrates: 20 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 3 g
Keywords: almond joy bars, no-bake almond joy bars