Sunday again? Already? That means it’s Monday tomorrow, back to work. But that’s okay, it means another fresh week of workouts and healthy meals! The first week of March has come and gone, so it’s time to check in on my goals.
1. Complete my 3 long training runs + first race of the year: CHECK!
The hubs and I ran 13k today, so I can check off week 1 of my long training runs. My run felt good today, we slowed our pace down and finished in 1:15 as planned, ending our 13 kilometres right in front of Starbucks.
2. Make it to two yoga classes/week: CHECK!
I only went to one yoga class but I did 2 additional online classes on My Yoga Online. so I think that counts! If you’re interested, sign up here: myyogaonline.com, it’s awesome! It’s only $10/month and you get access to tons of classes for every level, every type of yoga, Pilates, meditation, workshops and much more.
3. Participate in the #powerbowladay challenge from Powercakes: CHECK!
I ate a #powerbowladay and submitted my photos to the challenge.
4. Participate in the #handstandmadness March yoga challenge: CHECK!
I practiced headstands and handstands everyday and I’m feeling more balanced already. I look forward to spending sometime upside down everyday and my shoulders are getting a great workout! I also did my #madaboutyoga poses for days 4-10. I’m loving following the challenges on Instagram, everyone participating is amazing, positive, strong, and beautiful. There are people of all levels and from all around the world sharing their daily asanas and what yoga means to them. It’s very inspiring.
Workout Recap from Last Week
- Monday: 525 Reps Workout
- Tuesday: 20 minutes light cardio + Core Circuit
- Wednesday: 400m Repeats on the Treadmill
- Thursday: Countdown Workout
- Friday: 30 Minutes of Hills Workout
- Saturday: Hiking and Yoga Class
- Sunday: 13 km run and 30 minute yoga video
A few eats from today:
We both really wanted a snack this afternoon so I made some sweet potato chips to hold us over until dinner. They’re very quick and easy to make and make a great alternative to store-bought chips.
Sweet Potato Chips
- 1 large sweet potato
- olive oil
- Thinly slice the sweet potato into 1/8 inch slices using a mandolin.
- Lay the slices out on a baking pan.
- Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 400F for 20-25 minutes. Flipping one mid-way.
We had this Roasted Chickpea, Broccoli and Cauliflower Lemon Tahini Bowl with Quinoa for dinner tonight, it’s the second time we’ve had it this week. Derek really likes it, plus it’s easy to put together and I love this Lemon Tahini Sauce so that’s fine by me! 🙂
After dinner, I had such a craving for something sweet, I had to whip something up. It’s Sunday, so why not! I came up with these little no-bake peanut butter oat date chewies. I just melted a little coconut oil together with a bit of all-natural peanut butter, unsweetened vanilla almond milk and maple syrup. Then I mixed that into some oats and 4 dates, plopped 1 tbsp scoops onto a plate and put in the freezer for an hour. Voila! We both ate two and I have a few left for tomorrow.
In other news, I picked up a new Cool Racerback from Lululemon workout top today. Fresh, new workout clothes are always so motivating! Can’t wait to wear this for my workout tomorrow. I got a cute new headband too, I’ll pretty much buy anything with polka dots on it! 🙂
Workout Plans for This Week
- Monday: Strength Training/Conditioning
- Tuesday: Speed Work Run
- Wednesday: Strength Training/Conditioning
- Thursday: Hill Run
- Friday: Upper Body Workout
- Saturday: 14 k Outdoor Run
- Sunday: Rest Day
I haven’t planned out meals for the week yet, but I have enough veggies for a big stir-fry tomorrow and lots of almonds, bananas, apples, dates, kale, cucumbers, and celery for snacks.
Did you meet your goals this week?
What are you workout plans for the upcoming week?
xo and an extra xoxoxo today! -Deryn