You only need 4 simple ingredients to make these sweet, salty, crunchy and chewy peanut butter energy bars! There is no baking required, they’re vegan and they can be gluten-free if you use gluten-free pretzels.
- 1 cup raw almonds (150 g)
- 1 cup packed, soft pitted dates (220 g)
- 1/3 cup natural peanut butter (80 g)
- 1 1/4 cup crushed pretzels
- Place the almonds in a food processor and mix until they’re broken down into very small pieces, almost into a flour.
- Add the dates and peanut butter and mix until it forms a thick, sticky dough you can press between your fingers. If it seems too crumbly, add 1-2 tbsp warm water and blend again.
- Crush the pretzels and then add them in, pulsing just enough to mix them through. Or you can just stir them through with a spoon or your hands.
- Line a 7 or 8-inch square parchment paper then press the dough firmly into the pan taking a few moments to flatten it and firmly press it into all corners.
- Place the bars in the freezer for at least 1 hour to firm.
- Once they’re ready, lift out of the pan, cut into bars and enjoy!
It’s important to use soft, moist dates in this recipes. If your dates are dry, you’ll need to soak them first to soften. Simply place in a bowl of hot water for 15 minutes then drain well before use.
Keywords: pretzel granola bars