- Place the oats in a food processor and process briefly to break down into a grainy flour.
- Add the dates, sea salt and cinnamon, if using and process into a thick, sticky, clumpy dough you can easily press between your fingers. If it’s not turning into clumpy dough, add 1 tsp warm water and process again. That should be enough but you may need to repeat 1-2 times if your dates were on the dry side.
- Add the chocolate chips and raisins and process briefly to mix through.
- Line a 7-8 inch square baking pan with parchment paper so it sticks out over the sides of the pan then firmly press the dough into the pan, really working it into the corners. Once you’ve pressed the dough down, I recommend wetting your hands and using them to smooth the surface of the bars.
- Place in the freezer for an hour to firm.
- Lift out of the pan and cut into 16 squares.
Storing: Sealed container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks or freezer for up to 4 months. Okay at room temperature if taking to-go but will get soft so try to keep in the fridge or at least keep cool until you’re ready to enjoy. I recommend storing them in the freezer as they don’t freeze solid and can be enjoyed straight away.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 169
- Sugar: 25 g
- Sodium: 74 mg
- Fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 35 g
- Fiber: 3.7 g
- Protein: 2.3 g
Keywords: no-bake oatmeal raisin bars, no-bake oatmeal bars