No-Bake Coconut Protein Bites
These little no-bake coconut protein bites were the result of last minute food prep. The weekend flew by and all of a sudden Sunday evening arrived. I needed something quick and easy to grab for snacks for the next few days. As a result, no-bake coconut protein bites were born! These delicicious energy bites balls vegan, gluten-free, nut-free and make a great snack, dessert, pre-workout energizer or grab-n-go breakfast!
I love no-bake bite recipes. They’re so quick to make and are easily customizable. If you keep a well-stocked pantry, you’ll always be just a few minutes away from yummy and healthy snacks! Here are my favourite ingredients for making no-bake snack balls at home.
Best Ingredients for No-Bake Bite Recipes
- medjool dates – natural sweetener and base
- hemp seeds – healthy fats, creamy texture (Try these Hemp Seed Maca Balls)
- nuts – protein, fats, binding
- dried fruit – natural energy, flavour, binding – try apricots, apples or cherries! (Try these Cherry Pie Bars)
- shredded coconut – binding, yummy coconut flavour
- protein powder – boost the protein content, adds flavour and sweetness
- nut butters – try peanut, almond or cashew
- tahini – high in iron, delicious flavour, nut-free
- chia seeds – loads of antioxidants and vitamins (Try these Chocolate Chia Seed Bars)
- flavour extracts like vanilla or peppermint – fun flavour combos! (Try these Peppermint Mocha Brownies)
- ground coffee – caffeine-boost and coffee flavour
- cocoa powder or raw cacao – perfect for brownie bites and all your chocolate creations!
- chocolate chips or cacao nibs – because, chocolate, adds a nice crunch too
- maple syrup or agave – natural sweeteners
- stevia – natural sweetener
A Basic No-Bake Bite Recipe
My favourite basic no-bake bite recipe is 1 cup of medjool dates blended with 1 cup of nuts. I usually use almonds or cashews but pecans, walnuts and hazelnuts area all delicious! You can also use oats or shredded coconut.
From there, try adding cocoa powder to make them brownie bites or almond or peanut butter for more flavour and decadence. I often just start with a base of medjool dates and keep adding ingredients until I reach a flavour and consistency that I’m happy with.
Feel free to experiment and see what you can come up with!
I’m often asked what can you eat before and after workouts if you eat a vegan diet and I’d have to say, simple, whole foods are the best choice. These no-bake coconut protein bites make a great snack for both before and after workouts. These have a good balance of fats, carbs and protein in them making them a suitable choice to fuel up pre-workout or recover post-workout!
I’d recommend a serving size of 2 for a yummy plant-based energy boost whenever you need it! Skip the vending machine, keep a few of these on hand and you’ll not only enjoy a sweet treat but a natural boost in energy from these healthy ingredients.
Here are some more no-bake snacks you’ll love:
- Pecan Pie Energy Bites
- Maple Flax Energy Balls
- Lime Coconut Energy Bites
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Dough Bites
If your dates aren’t soft, soak in hot water for 10 minutes and drain before using. For best results, use fresh, soft medjool dates.
- Serving Size: 1 ball
- Calories: 94
- Fat: 2
- Carbohydrates: 16
- Protein: 3
Keywords: no-bake, oil-free, homemade, energy