- 1 1/4 cup (275 g) pitted packed soft, fresh dates
- 1 1/4 (175 g) cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup (120 g) drippy almond butter
- 1/4 cup (30 g) raw cacao powder or cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp espresso (or very strongly brewed coffee)
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract (optional, adds flavour)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (optional, adds flavour)
- Place almonds in a food processor or high-powered blender and mix until broken down into a grainy flour.
- Add dates and continue to process (if your dates aren’t soft and fresh, soak them in hot water for 15 minutes then drain before using).
- Add almond butter, cocoa, espresso, vanilla and sea salt and process until it forms a thick dough.
- Press dough into a lined loaf pan for thick bars, a square baking pan for a thinner bar, or roll the dough into balls for brownie bites.
- Place in the freezer for at least 3 hours to set.
- Lift out of the pan and and cut into 8 bars.
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks or freezer for up to 3 months.
Keywords: raw, fudge, easy, chocolate