These no-bake chocolate energy balls, are rich and decadent yet made from just a few wholesome ingredients. Keep a batch in your fridge for whenever you need a sweet treat or just to stay energized throughout the day!
- 1 cup raw cashews (150 g)
- 1 cup packed, soft pitted dates (220 g)
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder (15 g)
- 3 tbsp finely ground coffee (14 g)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dark chocolate or dairy-free chocolate chips (80 g)
- Add everything but the chocolate to a food processor and mix into a thick, sticky dough. You should easily be able to press it together between your fingers.
- Add the chopped chocolate or chocolate chips and pulse a few times to combine.
- Use your hands to roll the dough into 18 balls. It can help to use wet hands if the dough is sticky.
- If desired, roll each ball in shredded coconut or cocoa powder.
Caffeine: Be sure to use decaf if you’re sensitive to caffeine or plan to enjoy these later in the day.
Storage: Up to 2 weeks in a sealed container in the fridge, up to 3 months in a sealed container or freezer-safe bag in the freezer (allow to thaw for 10-15 minutes if enjoying straight from the freezer), up to 2 days at room temperature if taking to-go but freeze first and keep cool, if possible.
Cashews: Can be subbed with walnuts or almonds, or any combination of them.
Dates: It’s important to use soft, moist dates. If your dates are overly dry, soak in hot water for 15 minutes then drain well before using in the recipe.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 102
- Sugar: 11.1 g
- Sodium: 66 mg
- Fat: 4.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 15 g
- Fiber: 1.6 g
- Protein: 1.9 g
Keywords: mocha bites, mocha balls, mocha energy balls