Though easy to make and no baking required, this stunning raw vegan chocolate cheesecake is the perfect dessert to impress your guests! Enjoy this beautiful, decadent cake for any special occasion or stash it in the freezer to enjoy anytime you need a treat!
For the Pecan Crust
- 1 cup almond flour (120 g)
- 1/2 cup pecans (65 g)
- 3–4 tablespoons maple syrup (45-60 mL)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
For the Chocolate Cheesecake
- Soak the cashews for at least 6 hours up to overnight in a bowl of water. When you’re ready to make the cheesecake, drain and rinse.
- Add the ingredients for the crust to a food processor and blend into a moldable dough, starting with 3 tbsp maple syrup and adding an additional 1 tbsp if needed to reach a sticky consistency.
- Prepare a 8-9 inch springform pan and press the dough into the pan using your hands until flat and even across the bottom of the pan.
- Add the drained cashews to a high-speed blender with the rest of the cream ingredients and blend into a very smooth consistency, stopping to scrape down the sides of the blender as needed.
- Pour the cream over the crust in the pan and use a spatula or spoon if needed to smooth.
- Place the cake in the freezer for 2 hours up to overnight.
- Let thaw briefly at room temperature or in the fridge for 30-60 minutes before serving.
If you don’t have almond flour, blend 1 cup of blanched almonds for 10-15 seconds, scrapping down the sides a few times in between blends to make your own. Alternatively, use the date and walnut crust from this no-bake cheesecake recipe instead.
If you can’t find canned coconut cream, place 2 cans of good quality full-fat coconut milk in the fridge overnight. In the morning, carefully open and scoop the thick coconut cream off the top of each, leaving the remaining watery portion behind.
If you don’t have a springform pan, line the bottom of a pie dish with parchment paper or use a square baking pan to make cheesecake bars. Line it with parchment paper so it sticks out over the edges so you can lift the bars out of the pan once they’re ready.
If you’re short on time, cashews can be quick boiled by boiling in a small pot for 10 minutes or quick soaked by pouring boiling water over them in a bowl and soaking for 2 hours. I would recommend soaking overnight for the best result though.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 507
- Sugar: 19 g
- Fat: 30 g
- Carbohydrates: 33 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 9 g
Keywords: no-bake chocolate cheesecake, raw chocolate cheesecake