- Add the cashews to a food processor and pulse until mostly broken down.
- Add the dates and tahini and mix until it forms a big clump of thick dough.
- Line a square baking pan (mine was 7 x 7 inch) with 2 overlapping strips of parchment or wax paper.
- Press the dough into the pan, taking a few minutes to firmly press it down and smooth it out.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, bowl placed over a pot of boiling water or double boiler, melt the chocolate until smooth and creamy.
- Use a spatula to evenly spread the chocolate over the bars. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Place in the freezer for 2 hours to set then lift out of the pan and cut into 16 squares (or 8 large bars if you prefer).
Feel free to double the amount of chocolate used for a thicker chocolate topping. If you prefer, use my recipe for raw vegan chocolate to make the chocolate coating.
Keywords: tahini bars, cashew tahini bars