For the Crust
- 2 cups pecans (200 g)
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup (40 g) or 1/2 cup packed, soft pitted dates (110 g)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt (optional)
For the Cheesecake
- 1 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked in water for 4 hours or overnight (210 g)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted (55 g)
- 1 cup of coconut cream (200 g)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or agave (140 g)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (30 mL)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract (10 mL)
- 1 ½ cup blueberries (200 g)
- 1 teaspoon liquid soy lecithin (optional, for better emulsion)
- Soak the cashews for at least 4 hours up to overnight in a large bowl of water. When you’re ready to make the cake, drain and rinse.
- Add the pecans to the food processor and grind until you get a fine crumble.
- Then add all the remaining ingredients for the crust to the food processor together with the pecan crumble and blend into a moldable dough.
- Prepare a 8-9 inch springform pan and press the dough into the pan using your hands until you have an even, firm surface.
- Add the drained cashews to a high-speed blender with the rest of the cheesecake ingredients and blend into a very smooth consistency.
- Pour the cream over the crust in the pan.
- Place the cake in the freezer for 2 hours up to overnight.
- Let thaw briefly at room temperature or in the fridge for 30-60 minutes before serving.
- Slice and serve with fresh blueberries or blueberry sauce on top.
Quick Blueberry Sauce: Add 2 cups blueberries to a saucepan with 1/3 cup water and 1/3 cup sugar or maple syrup (use more or less sugar to taste). Stir frequently and bring to a low boil. Stir in 2 tbsp cornstarch and continue stirring until thickened, about 5 minutes.
Storing: Store in the freezer in a sealed container for up to 3 months. Thaw for 20-30 minutes at room temperature or for a couple hours in the fridge before serving.
Substitutions: Blueberries can be swapped for strawberries or raspberries. Pecans can be substituted with almonds, walnuts or a combination of the 3.
Keywords: no-bake blueberry cheesecake, raw blueberry cheesecake