For the Farro Salad Bowls (per bowl)
- 3/4 cup cooked farro (1/4 cup dry)
- handful of de-stemmed and finely chopped kale
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/2 to 1 chopped roasted red peppers
- 1/4 cup chickpeas (or more if desired)
- kalamata olives
- chopped parsley
- sprinkle of dried oregano
For the Lemon Tahini Sauce (Serves 4)
- Cook the farro according to package instructions. I cooked 1 cup dry farro which made enough for 4 large bowls.
- While the farro is cooking, make the roasted red peppers (see notes).
- Prepare the dressing by blending all of the ingredients together until smooth and creamy, start with 1/4 cup of water and add a bit more if you’d like to adjust the consistency.
- To assemble the bowls, add a scoop of farro, a big handful of finely chopped kale, kalamata olives, chopped roasted red peppers, red onions, parsley and chickpeas and then drizzle with desired amount of lemon tahini sauce, sea salt and pepper and a sprinkle of dried oregano.
Find detailed instructions on how to make roasted red peppers here.
Keywords: vegetarian, healthy, plant-based, oil-free
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 558
- Fat: 23 g
- Carbohydrates: 69 g
- Fiber: 17 g
- Protein: 19 g