For the Farro Salad Bowls (per bowl)
- 3/4 cup cooked farro (1/4 cup dry)
- handful of de-stemmed and finely chopped kale
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/2 to 1 chopped roasted red pepper (see notes)
- 1/4 cup chickpeas (or more if desired)
- kalamata olives
- chopped parsley
- sprinkle of dried oregano
For the Lemon Tahini Sauce (Serves 4)
- Cook the farro according to package instructions. I cooked 1 cup dry farro which made enough for 4 large bowls.
- While the farro is cooking, make the roasted red peppers (see notes).
- Prepare the dressing by blending all of the ingredients together until smooth and creamy, start with 1/4 cup of water and add a bit more if you’d like to adjust the consistency.
- To assemble the bowls, add a scoop of farro, a big handful of finely chopped kale, kalamata olives, chopped roasted red peppers, red onions, parsley and chickpeas and then drizzle with desired amount of lemon tahini sauce, sea salt and pepper and a sprinkle of dried oregano.
- To make the roasted red peppers, set the oven to broil with a rack near the top. Cut the red peppers in half and remove the seeds. Place them face down on a pan and smash them so they lay flat. Broil them in the oven until they’re starting to bubble and blacken. This should take about 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and cover with a dishcloth, let cool. Once you can handle them, you should be able to easily remove the skin. Peel, then chop them up for use in the recipe. I used approximately 1/2 to 1 red pepper per bowl.
- The lemon tahini sauce makes enough for at least 4 bowls. I like a lot of sauce so I used it up in 4 bowls, you could use a bit less and make 5-6 bowls. Adjust the rest of the ingredients as needed for how many bowls you’re making.
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 558
- Fat: 23 g
- Carbohydrates: 69 g
- Fiber: 17 g
- Protein: 19 g