Energize your morning with this creamy matcha smoothie! It provides a nice little boost in natural energy thanks to the caffeine in the matcha and the protein, zucchini, pineapple and banana will fill you up and keep you running all morning. To make this a drinkable matcha smoothie, add a bit more liquid until you reach your desired consistency.
- 3/4 cup unsweetened plant-based milk of choice, plus more as needed to allow for blending
- 1 small frozen banana (100 g)
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple chunks (70 g)
- 1/2 cup chopped zucchini, fresh or frozen (75 g)
- handful of fresh spinach (30 g)
- 1 serving vegan vanilla protein powder (30 g)
- 2 tsp matcha powder (use 1 tsp for less caffeine)
- Add all of the ingredients to a high-speed blender and turn on low. Once it starts to blend, slowly increase the speed and keep blending until it’s completely smooth and creamy. You may need to use the tamper for your blender or stop to keep mixing. Be patient. The whole process should take less than 2 minutes.
- Scoop the mixture into a bowl, add your favourite toppings and enjoy with a spoon.
To make this a drinkable smoothie, slowly add more liquid until you reach your desired consistency. Pour into a glass and enjoy.
Topping Ideas: hemp seeds, shredded coconut or coconut flakes, almond or sunflower seed butter, cacao nibs, cashews, almonds, sliced strawberries, raspberries, blueberries or banana.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 261
- Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 41 g
- Fiber: 8 g
- Protein: 24 g
Keywords: matcha smoothie, matcha smoothie bowl