For the Massaged Kale
- 8 handfuls of de-stemmed and finely chopped kale
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
For the Salad
- 1/2 cup pecans (approx. 2 tbsp per salad)
- 1/2 cranberries (approx. 2 tbsp per salad)
- 1/2 cup diced red onion (approx. 2 tbsp per salad)
- 2 diced avocados (approx. 1/2 an avocado per salad)
- Add the massaged kale ingredients to a mixing bowl and massage the kale with your hands for a few minutes, working in the oil and lemon. Set aside for 5-10 minutes to soften.
- Add the rest of your salad ingredients and serve right away.
- Leftovers, without the avocado, can be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Substitute pecans with walnuts, pine nuts or sunflower seeds. Substitute cranberries with raisins or chopped dates.
Keywords: massaged kale salad, simple kale salad