Simple Massaged Kale Salad
This massaged kale salad features a simple base of kale massaged with olive, lemon, sea salt and garlic. The other salad ingredients can be customized to whatever you have on hand.
More Kale Salad Recipes
Here are some more healthy kale salads to try:Print
For the Massaged Kale
- 8 handfuls of de-stemmed and finely chopped kale
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
For the Salad
- 1/2 cup pecans (approx. 2 tbsp per salad)
- 1/2 cranberries (approx. 2 tbsp per salad)
- 1/2 cup diced red onion (approx. 2 tbsp per salad)
- 2 diced avocados (approx. 1/2 an avocado per salad)
- Add the massaged kale ingredients to a mixing bowl and massage the kale with your hands for a few minutes, working in the oil and lemon. Set aside for 5-10 minutes to soften.
- Add the rest of your salad ingredients and serve right away.
- Leftovers, without the avocado, can be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Substitute pecans with walnuts, pine nuts or sunflower seeds. Substitute cranberries with raisins or chopped dates.
Keywords: massaged kale salad, simple kale salad