For the Pesto Spaghetti Squash
- 1 medium baked spaghetti squash
- 1 crown, approx. 4 cups, chopped broccoli, steamed
For the Low Fat Pesto Sauce
- To bake the spaghetti squash, follow these instructions for how to make spaghetti squash.
- If you’re making the pesto spaghetti squash with broccoli, add the cooked spaghetti squash noodles and steamed broccoli to a large bowl.
- To make the low-fat pesto sauce, add all the pesto ingredients to a food processor blender and mix until smooth. Do not over mix, it should be a bit chunky.
- Either mix the pesto with the baked spaghetti squash and broccoli or store in the fridge to use as a dip or sauce for other dishes and salads.
Nutrition Facts are an approximation for 1/6 of the full recipe, or about a 300 gram serving, including broccoli, red pepper, pesto and a medium spaghetti squash. Nutrition facts will vary slightly depending on the size of your squash.
Nutrition facts for the entire batch of pesto are 297 calories with 18.5 grams of carbohydrates, 7.5 grams of fat and 29 grams of protein. Depending on what you’re using it for, the entire batch makes 4 large 88 gram servings of 75 calories each (4.6C/1.9F/7.3P).
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 112 calories
- Fat: 1.3 grams
- Carbohydrates: 20.5 grams
- Fiber: 6 grams
- Protein: 7.4 grams
Keywords: easy, low-fat, healthy, oil-free