- To make the lime zest, use a fine grater or citrus planer on the lime to accumulate 1 tsp of zest (the outer peel). Slice the lime in half and squeeze or use a citrus juicer to make 2 tbsp of juice in a small bowl or container.
- Place the cashews in a food processor and mix until broken down into a coarse, grainy flour. A few larger pieces left behind are ok.
- Add the dates and process until it forms a crumbly but sticky dough.
- Add the coconut, lime juice and zest and process until you the mixture sticks together when you press it between your fingers.
- Use your hands to roll the mixture into 15 balls.
Store the balls in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks or freezer for up to 2 months.
The balls can be rolled in additional shredded coconut if desired.
It’s important to use soft, moist dates in this recipe as they bind everything together. If your dates are on the dry side, soak them in hot water for 15 minutes then drain well before using in the recipe.
Keywords: lime coconut balls, no-bake coconut balls, lime and coconut energy balls